Friday, March 27, 2009

Burger Boy and Hamburger Baby

I found it! Last summer when we were visiting family in California (and the ALA of course), my sister and I managed to steal some minutes while my husband watched the kids in the play park in Malibu. Only a few steps away was a wonderful little toy shop with a bookshelf tucked in the corner. It was there that we found Burger Boy. I remember laughing outloud as we read it together. It's a hilarious, cautionary tale by Alan Durant , brilliantly illustrated by Mei Matsuoka. The story is about a little boy named Benny who only eats hamburgers. When his mother's warning comes true and he turns into a hamburger, he is chased all over town by dogs, cows and boys. His mother finally saves him, takes him home and feeds him vegetables. Soon he morphs back into a little boy. The surprise ending is the best, but I'll leave that one for you.


Hamburger Baby is a sweet little handmade toy that I found on etsy. It's made by 7polkadots and I think it's genius. Baby and teddy fit inside the little burger carrying pouch. Oh, how I would have loved this at age 6.........
Okay, I'll admit it, I'd love it now!

4 comments:

  1. You know Mia is very interested in that little crochet burger and dolly. I have have to get one and sit on it until her birthday :- )

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has design your own cupcake babies too
    (you pick the colors). So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds so fun! I'll have to check this one out and I love the little crochet doll. Some people are so creative and then there's me, I like to buy other people's creative projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks adorable, and I think I know of a little boy who might benefit.... :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your thoughts : )