Sunday, October 12, 2008

C is for California

Tomorrow I will have the good fortune of meeting with Marjolein Varekamp who is visiting California and staying in Monterey only a couple of hours from my home! Marjolein and Bees Knees Books are working together on a redesign and Fall 2009 release of her book, A Wonderful Week. Here is her interview from last February.

I'm sure I will have updates after our visit. She had a recent exhibition of her illustrations near her home in the Netherlands and sent us photos.

So, I've been thinking what might she like to take back from California? And I found C is for California. This little board book, written by kids with the organization California Poets in the Schools was published by WestWinds Press who has published similar titles for other states. C is for California but A is for Alcatraz!

The photography, design and simple text make these little geographically informative books worth having in a child's library. Or perhaps a great gift for a visiting children's book illustrator.

So, we're off to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to meet Marjolein tomorrow. Oh! and she's bringing boterbabbelaars candy : ) Don't you love the spelling of that word, boterbabbelaars? And I'm bringing my camera!
Here is another photo of Marjolein's exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your thoughts : )