Friday, August 29, 2008

I Like Myself

Today has been a day of connections close enough to write about. First it was Obama, his nomination and this post from Haven Kimmel's blog titled Our Better Nature. Don't skip that link!

Then, I was reading a favorite book of my friend Celeste's,
I like Myself by Karen Beaumont, illustrated by David Catrow. I love this verse****

"Inside, outside, upside down, from head to toe and all around, I like it all! It all is me! And me is all I want to be."

Free Spirit Publishing carries the title on their website and they are a great resource for books that "meet kids' social and emotional needs." Truly, their site is worth browsing for just the right books.

And then I got an email about an anthology by poet Nikki Giovanni titled Hip Hop Speaks to Children due out in October with an accompanying CD. The list of hip hop artists includes A Tribe Called Quest so I had to play a bit of Old School and revisit my 20's. Hmmmm I wonder what connections I'll find tomorrow?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your thoughts : )