Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm hoping for another crisp, sunny, Fall day. In giving thanks I want to include some links to sites that give back to the community.

laptopgiving.org is an amazing program that gives a laptop to a child in another country, currently Africa, when you buy one for yourself.

papertigers.org has a great article about recognizing the good in our lives and all we have to be thankful for. If Thanksgiving prompts you to give to those less fortunate, they've included a list of books that keep on giving- where the publisher donates some or all of the profits to a charitable cause. Many of these books have wonderfully multicultural stories.

cafegratitude.com is a Bay Area restaurant and "... a school in transformation." Check it out, especially if you like healthy, delicious, vegetarian food.

And here's one that may not be so new to you but it's one of my favorites donorschoose.org. Having spent a lot of time in the classroom I'm always looking for ways to support fellow teachers and students.

And lastly, I have to include this sweet blog by Marytree. It resonates with me because it's really about the day to day simple joys of parenting. Her most recent post is titled, Today I am Thankful. BTW She make little e-books of her children's artwork using photobucket and dropshots.

Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the sweet comments on my blog. I can't wait to check in and see more from you.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your thoughts : )